Southern Charm Sunday is Back

I'm so excited to announce that Southern Charm Sunday is returning! I have missed sharing these Sunday posts with y'all. I usually sit down with a glass of iced tea (just like I'm doing now) and get into my groove. However, I just somehow lost my inspiration. I have some ideas of new etiquette posts and I think you will love them.

Some things I have in mind are thank you notes for kids, baby shower etiquette, unexpected guests, and even how to deal with bratty kids without losing your charm or breaking a sweat. I'll even have a craft for those kiddos soon.

Today, I have a quick tip for you!


It's okay to say "ma'am" and "sir." I am continuously getting yelled at for calling people these salutations. I used to feel bad about it, but no more. My mama taught me right and I know that I am showing respect. When it comes to dealing with the public, customer service, customers, or family, your best bet is to always speak with respect.

The next time you are being chastised for saying "ma'am" or "sir," remember that you are treating them with respect and if they don't like it, that is their problem- I guess they don't want to be respected.


 

In the mean time, I want to know your questions. Just tweet or Instagram using #southerncharmsundays or @cari_on on Twitter or Instagram.

Have a tougher question, or want to remain anonymous, just send me an email (thepalmettoqueen-at-gmail-dot-com) and use subject: Southern Charm Sunday.

In the meantime, have fun browsing my Keeping My Southern Charm Pinterest board. While you're there, check out my South Carolina board.


Follow Cari George (The Palmetto Queen/ CariOnMedia/ ParaSass)'s board Keeping My Southern Charm (Etiquette) on Pinterest.

No comments :

Post a Comment