Book Review: I Can Learn The Bible

Disclosure: I received this book to review. No other compensation has been received. All opinions are my own.

I Can Learn The Bible is a 52 week devotional for kids. Holly Hawkins Shivers has adapted The Joshua Code (that was actually written by her father) so that kids can benefit from this amazing system. The kid-friendly language of this devotional book teaches kids the scripture and to live the scripture. There are 52 different scriptures that are important for little minds to remember. Each week, the children will learn a verse, read a devotional, and work on memorizing that particular scripture. I Can Learn The Bible teaches children that the 
“God’s Word is FOR ME and TO ME, it is IN ME and working THROUGH ME, and just like His love, it goes on and on forever!”

I Can Learn The Bible has quickly become one of my favorite resources within our family. Not only do we use it for the Bible study part of our homeschool day, but we discuss what we learned as a family at dinner time. So, this devotional book has actually become a devotional for the whole family. I love that not only are the devotions written in kid friendly language, but the verses are as well. The verses and devotions are relevant to children and the problems/ challenges they face. This book will not only be the perfect devotional guide for your family, but you can use it in group study as well.



The author, Holly Hawkins Shivers, has included a guide for how to use this book with your own family. There is no guess work and it is not too much for little ones to take in. One of the things that I enjoy about it is that I can find the same verse in my bible and use that devotion- so I am doing it along with Tbomb. I love that every time we read a scripture, there is something new to see.  

No comments :

Post a Comment