5 On The Go Snacks That Are Healthy #SummerPrep2015


When we are on the go, especially on vacation or a day full of errands, the last thing we want to worry about is the kids' snacks. We have many options- from fast-food, to convenience station food, to things we bring from home. I prefer to bring snacks from home, so I can control part of the day. I have spent hours searching for healthy snacks with no dyes and junk in them. I want to share my 5 favorite options. 


1. Fresh Fruit

Cool-It Caddy™ BellaI have a cooler pouch, the same size as a makeup bag, that I keep in the freezer. When we are going to be out and about for the day, I like to take cut up fruits and veggies, put them in a freezer bag, and put them in this pouch for the freshness. There's nothing like fresh fruits and vegetables in the middle of a busy day. 




2. Annie's Organic Snacks

Image result for annie's snacksI love these snacks for the kids. They are organic and lack the junk that most snacks have. I love that there are no artificial dyes, which cause problems in our house. Annie's makes snacks that resemble more popular snacks, like goldfish, teddy graham, and cheez-its. Our favorite are the gummy candies though. We keep these on hand, and I simply put them in a little bowl that seals good, then we are good to go. 




3. Brother's All-Natural Fruit Crisps

These have to be my absolute favorite pre-packaged snack. They are really just fruit. Brother's offers a variety of fruit. They even make packages with different characters. we keep Disney Cars and Princesses- that gets the kids excited. They are eating nothing but apples when they have these. When we are heading out for the day, I grab a couple packs and throw them in the bag. 





4. Veggie Straws

Image result for veggie strawsWe buy huge bags of these and when we are heading out, I can throw some in a freezer bag or a bowl that seals good. My kids love fries and chips, so this is a healthy alternative. Veggie Straws are Kodabug's all-time favorite thing to eat. With these on hand, I know I can get her to eat something. You can even get these in single-serve pouches. Which is definitely a win! 





5. "Popular Snacks"

I also pack "popular" snacks like Teddy Grahams, GoldFish, Animal Crackers, and even cereal at times. For the smaller snacks, I can put a variety in a formula dispenser for easy pouring into a snack cup. Also, put apple sauce in reusable squeeze pouches and put them in the cooler pouch. 

If you keep certain items, it is easy to make sure your kids eat healthy while on the go Buy some bowls that seal good (and lock) use your old formula dispenser, get a good snack cup (that doesn't spill), some freezer bags, and reusablesqueeze pouches. with these items, you can ensure your child eats healthy on the go. They can eat the same thing while on the go as they do at home. You just have to prepare for it. 

What do you do to make sure your kids have healthy snacks on the go? 

1 comment :

  1. Good to know about this snacks that are healthy I really have to eat snacks any time in a day. Thanks for sharing here with me.

    ReplyDelete