Summer Fun With Glow Sticks #SummerPrep2015

Disclosure: I received a product to review. All opinions are my own.

I am one o those people who never grew out of my love for glow sticks. Something about them always draws me in. I've always loved finding ways to use them to make life a little more fun. Since I've become a mom, the uses have increased dramatically. I want to share with you some of the ways I use glow sticks to ensure there is more fun had in our house during the summer months.


1. Normal Play

Make normal play a little more exciting with glow sticks. While your kids are running around the yard, riding bikes, or playing on slides and swings, let them wear a glow stick for more fun. Be sure to make it a bracelet and put it on their arms, so there is no worry of falling with a "stick." My kids get so fascinated with them that they actually end up playing nicely with each other for a longer length of time. 

2. Pool Time

Wear glow sticks while swimming at night. The "light show" will be amazing and the kids will be completely fascinated. I can't wait for our pool to warm enough to play in it at night- the kids are going to love this. 

3. Hide And Seek

Play night time hide and seek with little ones. 

4. School Time

Practice writing letters in the air with glow sticks. Another thing you can do is build things with them- using the connectors. When it comes to school time, the uses are endless. 

5. Safety

If you are out and about at night time, camping, shopping, at an event, or just walking around the yard - glow sticks are a great thing to have on hand. Easily spot your children - it pretty much serves the same purpose as putting bright and easily recognized clothing on during the day. I like to keep a couple of glow sticks and connectors in my bag at all times. We were looking at Christmas lights last year when I found myself wishing I had something that lit up to put on Tbomb- I finally found the solution. 

The particular glow sticks we use are sold on Amazon. They are called "Super Bright Glow Sticks," by Blue Skies. They come in a pack of 100 with connectors. I prefer these because they are long lasting and super bright. The tube will contain glow sticks in 5 colors- Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Pink. Once these glow sticks are activated, they will last for 8-10 hours, sometimes longer. They will actually last a while longer if you put them in the freezer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment