Jumping Rope #speedjump #skinnyjeans


  


Disclaimer: I received this product to review. All opinions are my own. 





I have been on my current fitness journey for a little over a month. One of the things I've been thinking about recently is getting out of my comfort zone and including some exercises that take a little more endurance and skill. Jump rope has intrigued me since I was a little girl (like most girls) but I've loved some of the excercises that I've seen done. It was a perfect opportunity when I received the King Athletic Speed Jump Rope, it was the perfect chance to start. 

First of all, how AMAZING is it that $1 of every purchase is donated to cancer research?!

Made with durable materials, this speed jump rope is lightweight and suitable to both children and adults. Although it is 10 feet, the length is adjustable. The ergonomic handles are designed to not tire hands or wrists, also ensuring an even rotation. Also included is a 30-day money back guarantee and a 5 year warantee! 

Did you know that jumping rope for 15 minutes can burn 160 calories? Also tone muscle and get the heart pumping!

 I really want to learn kickboxing, so this was a natural choice, as jumping rope is one of the training exercises. I found that I love this jump rope. 

I did read some negative things on Amazon, but those negatives were definitely positive for me. First of all, I'm very short (4'10") and most products are way too long for me and kid versions are just not what I need. Since this rope is customizable (basically needs to be put together), I was able to adjust it perfectly to my height. 

The other issue I saw was the weight. Since I am a beginner, I'm not sure about it being difficult because it is light weight. However, because I'm a beginner, the light weight was perfect for me. The other thing about it being light weight is that I can throw it in my sling pack (with my phone arm band, sweat rag, yoga mat, etc) and head outside for a nice workout with out being weighed down and feeling that is a workout in itself. Also, I can work out while camping, or in a hotel room without having to leave the site or room. 

My only complaint is that the handles have no gripping feature. My hands sweat a lot, especially during exercise. While I'm sure I can figure out a solution to this, it would be nice if it was a feature. 

While I understand the complaints other have, those things make it perfect for me.

*Note: When you purchase, save the email with the directions for trimming the rope. The box does not have them*




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment