Is Your Child Stressed? Let Her Imagination Soar

I have been writing a lot about helping children deal with sickness (either theirs or a family member), especially cancer. Well, there is another element to that which spreads across all situations. Stress. Yes, I know that the "old folks" don't believe children get stressed. But, they do. I know this to be a fact because I had a very stressful childhood. Luckily, I can pick up on the hints in my own children. They get stressed too, especially now- watching their Nina be so sick. They worry about her so much because they are so close to her.

Besides talking with your children, I believe one of the best ways to help them in stressful situations is to encourage them to use their imaginations. This isn't easy for all children. My son has a wonderful imagination, which he uses while he is drawing, reading, playing minecraft, playing outside, playing inside, and even riding in a car. Because of Snapper's problems, imagination is a little harder for her. I think it is a combination of her communication and anxiety disorders, but I am not a child psychiatrist.

The best way I have found to help her imagine, besides books, is her doll. There are several ways to help your children with 18" dolls (American Girl, Our Generation, My Life As, Sophia's, Gotz, etc). I started snapper out with trying to get her playsets that were similar to what she does. She has school stuff, outside stuff, and even a backpack, water bottle, and tablet to take with her. From there, I started getting her things that were like other people. Her Nina is an author, so I got her glasses like she wears and a laptop. Her dad likes to play XBox, so I got her a controller, etc. From there, she started playing with other things she likes, like a horse for her doll, cooking things, and snorkeling toys. Whenever we are doing something new, Bailey gets something to help ease Snapper into something different.

Right now, we are working on imagining things that are not in everyday life, like fairy tales and the like. I wanted to share some things that will help. Gotz and Pottery Barn Kids teamed up and created some amazing products that will help your little girl go outside the box. I hope these things from Pottery Barn Kids will help your little girl.

Not only do they have perfect items for a fairy tale playtime, but they have amazing carriers, outfits, furniture, and accessories to make any little girl gush with excitement!



Doll Unicorn




No comments :

Post a Comment