How To Make Sweet Tea

I know, I know, making sweet tea is the easiest thing in the world, right? Well, I thought so, but I'm surprised at how many people have asked me how to make it. So, I'm sharing the 3 different ways that I've made sweet tea. You will get a rich, bold tea- the best way to have it!


Method One (Our Normal Method)

In a small pot, put 3 family size tea bags (we use decaf and they taste the same), 3/4 cup to 1 cup of sugar, and a tsp of baking powder. Add water. Boil. 

Once it is boiled, pour it into your gallon jug, fill with water, and remove tea bags. 

Method Two (My Mom's Method)

Boil water in a kettle with 3 family size tea bags. In your gallon tea jug, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp baking powder. Once your water boils, pour into the jug and fill the rest of the way with water. 

Method Three (Restaraunt Quick Method)

In a small pitcher, put 2 tea bags and a little baking soda. Fill half-way with very very hot water. Fill the rest of the way with ice cubes. This is really good if you have a hot water spout on an espresso machine. 

No comments :

Post a Comment