Book Review: NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own.

NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible

Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture
By Craig S. Keener , John H. Walton
Published by Zondervan

CONTEXT CHANGES EVERYTHING

You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.

That’s what the NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.

Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the ancient world.

The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the Scriptures read. For us to hear the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world.

I absolutely love this Bible as an addition to my bible study resources. It is a little big to carry around, but when I start my bible study and I'm digging into the scriptures, this is exactly what I need beside me. I love reading the scripture in my bible and then finding explanations to what is going on in the culture. That always brings further explanation, as well as giving the scripture another dimension in my mind. I actually keep it on the family bookshelf so the whole family can use it!

No comments :

Post a Comment