Book Review: The Behemoth Dinosaur in the Land of Uz

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 

I have always been interested in Dinosaurs. In fact, that was the first word I learned to spell. I would sit for hours and read about Dinosaurs- I had an entire encyclopedia set designated to dinosaurs. Studying about them in the Bible as I got older opened up a whole new world to me. It thrills me that my Tbomb loves them as well, so when I was given the opportunity to read and review The Behemoth Dinosaur in the Land of Uz with him, I jumped on it.

A boy named Job sees his friend dippy the behemoth at the well. Job is very happy to see dippy and ask if he can hug him. Dippy had left to another land to get food and now he’s back at Uz. Little Job told dippy to eat and drink from their plants and water. Dippy was afraid the villagers might be angry with him like the other villagers. Difficulties began for dippy after he decided to stay.

I was very excited to read this book with Tbomb. To be honest though, I was a big disappointed. I do love that the Spanish translation is right there, but it seems to be written by a child and the language used is too simple for the age it is intended for. Tbomb was bored easily with it. I was also expecting more of the Bible to be referenced, but besides the name of Job and the drawings, there wasn't much to do with the bible. I love books and love the concept of this book, but this will not be a repeated story in our home. I really wish the author would revise it because it has the potential to be a very good book, especially because it is bilingual. 

Available on Amazon ($3.99 kindle)

No comments :

Post a Comment