My Gear: Lux Meter and IR Thermometer from Nubee

Disclaimer: I received a product to review. All opinions are my own.

As you know, paranormal investigation equipment is an obsession of mine. As you may not know, there are many things that paranormal investigators use that are used for other purposes as well. The IR Thermometer and the Lux Meter are two of those things.
A photo posted by cari (@cari_on) on
I had the opportunity to try these out from Nubee and I have fallen in love.

IR Thermometer

Nubee® Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight MAX Display and Emissivity Adjustable

Nubee® Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight MAX Display and Emissivity Adjustable ($12.98- Amazon). Some of these IR Thermometers are quite expensive and only have the basic functions. You would think with this one being a lower price bracket, the quality would not be up to par, but this is not the case. It is durable and the accuracy is great, even when tested against other IR Thermometers. This particular temperature gun has another cool feature- you can take the highest temperature of an area by scanning the area and setting that function. It measures in celsius and Fahrenheit. The F temperature range is -58 °F to +716°F. Some other features include automatic shut-off, low battery indicator, laser guided and works off a 9-volt battery. I love this gun and carry it along with me to all paranormal investigations to measure hot/ cold spots in rooms, as well as attempt to explain the phenomena.

Lux Meter

 
Nubee® NUB1010BS Digital Light Meter 0 - 100,000 Lux Tester FC Photo Camera Luxmeter 3 Ranges Selectable ($29.99- Amazon). This is a product I am still experimenting with to see how it works on paranormal investigations. My thought is to use it to detect shadow movement where it is frequently seen. However, I have not used it enough to get a good measurement of how it works in that aspect. However, in its intended environment, it is perfect!

The purpose of this product is to measure the light (lux) that a light gives off. It is great for testing lights to see their lumens, and I'm sure could even work to keep lighting at a certain level for optimal viewing in a work/ play environment. Because of this, I think it can detect changes in the light levels in rooms- if it gets darker, I should know by measuring- but like I said, I'm still experimenting. Once I get more used to it and find the right times to use it, I am certain I can trust the results because when measuring lux of lights, it gives consistent results. 

No comments :

Post a Comment