How To Clean Kids' Tablet Cases

I don't know about you guys, but my kids get their tablet cases disgustingly dirty. (Well, they used to- they have gotten much better as they've gotten older). 

I searched and searched to find out how to clean the foam-like tablet cases (like come with the Kindle Fire Kids Edition). I came up with nothing, so I decided to test things out on my own. It was pretty easy to figure out what to do. 

To start out, I better mention to take the tablet our first because I don't want to be sued. Then, fill your sink with hot water and dish soap (we use Dawn, but it doesn't really matter) and let your tablet cases soak for a few minutes. I usually leave them for about 5 minutes but longer won't hurt anything. 

Then, I sprinkle some baking soda and just carefully wash them. I only say carefully to make sure you get the grooves. The first time I cleaned them, I had to use a toothbrush because the cases were so gunky. It was really simple and now that I got them clean the initial time, it doesn't take nearly as much effort and they look so much better. 


Lay them on a towel to dry completely. I let them dry overnight with the stand open. Make sure they are completely dry before putting them back to use.  

We use screen cleaner wipes to wipe the screens of all of our devices and they work well for the tablets as well. When you clean the cases, you are going to want to use a wipe to get the edge of the screen where the tablet case sits- it gets pretty gunky. 




Good as new!

No comments :

Post a Comment