Sugar Free Gummy Snacks with a #GummyBearMold

I recently wrote about taking sugar away from my kids and the difficulty with different holidays and this dietary change. Not only is it difficult to find sugar-free things that are the equivalent to the stuff kids find, it is hard to find holiday-specific sugar-free candy. We have bought one small chocolate Santa for each kid and a "candy cane" of small resees cups. Every once in a while, they get a "fun-sized" candy bar as a treat, so these will be appropriate.



The other difficulty is that my kids LOVE gummy snacks. That is their favorite treat ever and we usually get them the character ones (Spiderman for Tbomb and Hello Kitty for Kodabug) for their stockings, easter baskets, and to trade out Halloween candy they can't have. Well, they haven't gotten gummy snacks since we took sugar, so I have been trying to figure out how to make them. I have tried a few things. Most haven't worked, but I still have recipes to go. One I will share didn't work for me, but may for other people.

I like that you can even crush vitamin c tablets up and add them in for even more healthy stuff!

1. Use less cold water (one-half cup or less) with Jello. I tried this, but it didn't work for me. However, I tried it with sugar free soda instead of water.

2. A Rainbow of Healthy Homemade Gummy Snacks made with fruits and vegetables from Modern Parents Messy Kids.

3. Gummy Fruit Sancks made with berries, applesauce, fruit juice and gelatin from All Day I Dream About Food.

4. Homemade Gummy Worms from Mr. Food. I really like this recipe but like the idea of pouring them into straws better than cutting.

5. Here is a whole Pinterest topic on homemade gummy bears.

I would love to hear any recipes you have tried that work. I am determined to find a recipe that is easy, healthy, sugar-free and will allow me to make them in adorable molds, like our new Gummy Bear Mold. These recipes are next on our list and when I find one that works, I will share.

Gummy Bear Mold

Disclaimer: I received a product to review. All opinions are my own. 

Since we went sugar-free with the kids, I have been collecting different baking items to make fun things for the kids since their off the shelf items are limited. Some things include items to make putting their yogurt (flavored by mom) and applesauce into individual packages easier, small bowls for individual portions of Jell-O and pudding, and even silicone cupcake liners. These things make life easier when making homemade snacks, but they do not compare to the special snacks kids get, like gummy bears, goldfish, and teddy graham. 



Recently, I had the chance to try out this gummy bear mold ($10.99 on Amazon) from Status Kitchen, and I fell in love. With this mold, you can make 50 gummy bears or even chocolate bears. Whatever your heart desires to be molded can be! When you purchase, they even send you a PDF with recipes. I love the syringe. If you have ever tried to pour a mixture into molds, you will understand why I love it so much- it makes life so much easier.  

It is made out of high-grade silicone that is FDA approved. This makes it safe for kids and durable. 

MAKE SUPER CUTE PERFECT SIZED GUMMY BEARS JUST LIKE HARIBO'S AT HOME - Status Kitchen bear mold will make you 50 quick and easy bite size treats. As a guide your mini bears will be the same size as standard gummy bears in packets (Just like Haribo size) but much better because you made them yourself! Have fun in the kitchen with your family making sweet or sour gummies, mini chocolate bears or even halal gummy bears.... The options are endless. You can especially use our 50 cavity bear mold to sneak those vitamins in to your children's treats. Just buying one or two silicone gummy bear mold trays from Status Kitchen allows you a perfect opportunity to make multiple bite size healthy low sugar treats for the kiddies or indeed yourself! And it's so easy to do too!

This is definitely my favorite item since collecting things to make special treats for the kids. Next up- When I make fudge Christmas Eve, I'll pour some in this mold and the kids can have some, but it will be much easier to control how much they get!

No comments :

Post a Comment