Book Review: Science Books From Capstone

Disclaimer: I was sent some books to review. All opinions are my own.

We love science. I get so excited planning science lessons and look for fun things to supplement. Capstone is one of my favorite places to get fun science books to go along with our lessons. They always cover the subject in a thorough manner, that is also easy for young learners to comprehend. I keep the books with me while we are on that subject, and refer back to them often. If you haven't already, you must check out the science books offered from Capstone.

Forecasting Weather

Forecasting Weatherby Terri Sievert

($7.29 here)

Should you bring your umbrella to school today? What if there's a snowstorm? Weather forecasters gather the information that helps us stay safe, warm, and dry every day.






Healthy Habits

Healthy Habitsby Rebecca Weber

($7.29 Here)

From one morning to the next, you can have a healthy day. See how exercise, rest, and good food should be everyone's Healthy Habits.






Mad Margaret Experiments with the Scientific Method

Mad Margaret Experiments with the Scientific Methodby Eric Braun
Illustrated by Robin Boyden

($9.95 here)


I'm Mad Margaret, and I'm not really mad, I'm just crazy about science! When a friend tells me he has a sneezing problem, I help him use the scientific method to solve it. I'm no Einstein, but I can tell you all about the scientific method!







History Option: 


My Hometown

My Hometownby Russell Griesmer
Illustrated by Priscilla Wong

($15.95 here)

Every town has a story. Experience small-town life and American history with this nearly wordless picture book. A magical newspaper takes a young boy on a journey through the history of a beloved hometown, from the 1860s to present day. Striking illustrations celebrate main street Americana as the boy discovers the past and its importance.




No comments :

Post a Comment