Book Review: The Rootlets, Trouble In Plantasy Land

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own.

Tbomb isn't quite ready to read most books on his own. He can handle some leveled readers and some simpler books, but he is only in Kindergarten. However, he loves books and we love to read together. I like getting him beside me to read a chapter book and asking him what different words are along the way. That gets him even more excited about reading.

One of the problems is finding books that really grab his attention. It isn't always easy for a mom to find books for her son. My little guy loves superheroes, science, and cars. That at least gets us started. When I was asked to review The Rootlets: Trouble in Plantasy Land ($12.99), I knew I had to give it a whirl.

I was so glad I did because he absolutely loved it! In fact, we have read it twice- once during read aloud time and once before bedtime (of course both of these were over the course of several days). This is the perfect book for any little boy who loves superheroes!

It’s opening day at Mr. Fungo Fungi’s magnificent amusement park, Plantasy Land…and The Rootlets couldn’t be more excited! With special surprises and newly sprouted rides, this is sure to be the greatest day ever! But when The Rootlets arrive at the park, they realize that something is terribly wrong…Plantasy Land is in trouble! Someone – or something – is destroying the park. Could it be The Great Zucchini – Mr. Fungi’s new magician? Or could there be an even greater danger lurking beyond the park? Most of all, can The Rootlets trust their new super rootabilities to help them save their favorite place on the planet?

No comments :

Post a Comment