Zelda: Blogging From A to Z

Today is the last day of Blogging From A to Z, which ties into something else. At the end of every month, I sit down, look through my stats and social media, and see what I did right and wrong in that month. Every once in a while, there are posts from months ago that are still getting attention. One of those posts caught my attention this month.

Several months ago, my husband and I had a date night at home, playing Nintendo 64. We pulled out the old games, got some snacks, and hung out in the living room all night. We played several games, but I Instagrammed Zelda, and it has gotten a lot of attention. That got me thinking.

So much of our lives revolve around technology, and my life and family are no different. Even my 4-year-old has a tablet (that he doesn't' get online with). I've seen where families try to ban technology for a day, and it doesn't work. Honestly, it wouldn't in mine either. Where we are going wrong with this is we are banning instead of redefining. Why not make it fun.

Say, instead of banning it for a day, we're going to a different decade. Pull out the old school camcorder or home movies. Bring out the old gaming platforms (I wish I still had my Atari), and even the polaroid instant cameras. I'm sure most households have something of the sort. If you don't there are all kinds of arcade games available for download on Xbox. Just turn off the internet to it, bring out the snacks, and have fun. Don't forget to capture those memories (even if you do Instagram them.

1 comment :

  1. We love pulling out the camcorder and looking back on films from years gone by. We also like to play Yahtzee.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    Z is for Zombie

    ReplyDelete