Organize The Rest of 2012: Blogging

I'm sure you can tell by now that I am very organized (even though some times I have to re do everything) and I live by my planner, calendar, lists, and systems. Last week I told you want I do to organize October, November, and December the first week of October. As I mentioned, I do this because frankly, I don't have the time from here on out. I also mentioned that this week, I would tell you how I organize my blog for the rest of the year.

Some things to remember: I am only including this blog - my business blog has been lacking and it has a life of its own. Also, not everyone can live like this; if I don't do these things I get lost.



I know you are thinking that this is all out down to the detail planning, but it really isn't. I am going to share with you what I did this weekend to plan my blog.

1. Decide what holidays you want to do a special post/ series for.

  • Halloween and Thanksgiving are getting a special week long series covering different aspects of the holiday. 
  • Christmas gets "25 Days of Christmas" with a post every day and some other goodies. 
  • New Years gets from December 26th until January 1st. 
2. Block those days off on your calendar and decide on specific posts for the series (I have not completely planned the Christmas posts.) 

3. Decide on posts for the rest of the months, according to the days that you normally post. I have posts planned for almost every day until the rest of the year. There just isn't enough time for everything I want to share. 

4. Make sure this is all in your calendar and figure out a way to get it done, whether it is posting ahead of time or on the day of. 

5. Start a list of things you want to complete before the beginning of 2013. I am doing this for things besides posts. Things that enhance my blog. Here are a few things that are on my list now. 
  • Put together a project management book to include my blogs. 
  • Get my homeschool blog up
  • Revamp my mobile office and launch station. 
  • Start my birthday cards for next year (I promise to share a post about this)
     I like to start the year fresh, so these items will help. 

Christmas is a different set up. I have one week devoted to my favorite charity, and the rest will be great Christmas posts. I did 25 Days of Christmas last year on NighLon, so I am looking forward to doing it again this year. I also showcase a different blog each day. I have just started planning this. I have it marked in my calendar for November 1st to be the day I sit down and really organize it. I have gotten started though. I took a piece of paper and wrote 1-25 down the side. Then, I blocked off 1-7 for my special charity posts. Then, I divided it into two columns. I will write a post idea on one side and a blog on the other side. This is not necessarily how I will do them, it is just to gather ideas. 

I hope this helped take some of the stress away from blogging for the remainder of the year. 

Do you have any special tips that help keep your blogging from getting out of control? I would love to hear them. 

No comments :

Post a Comment