Easy Pumpkin Muffins

Growing up, my mom always made THE BEST pumpkin drop cookies. They are my all time favorite cookies, and I love cookies. I love them even more than peanut butter cookies. Anyone that knows me knows how big of a deal that is. The really sad part is that she can no longer find her recipe- this makes me soooo sad! I have been on a mission to make my mom's pumpkin drop cookies. I haven't figured the cookies out yet, but I did come up with an amazing muffin recipe. This recipe will work for cookies if you like cakey cookies, but I don't. (Unless they are whoopie pies!)

I tried the first pan as cookies, then realized they would be better as muffins

Cari's Easy Pumpkin Muffins

2 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup pure canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease muffin pan (or insert liners).

COMBINE flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract, and lemon extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fill muffin wells half way.

BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until top is firm. Cool in pan for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle Glaze over cookies.

FOR GLAZE:
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.


Enjoy and let me know how you like them!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment