Halloween Family Fun

Until my son was born, I didn't realize how scary Halloween can be. I love Halloween, dressing up, scary decorations, and horror movie. It was always just fun for me, so I never thought of a child's perspective.

This is the prince's third Halloween, so I've given Halloween a lot of thought over these years. His first Halloween, he was only a month old, so he slept right through the festivities.



All of these are from Halloween 2010
My little guy's first Halloween
I have been compiling ideas and activities the last couple of years so that we do not run out of Halloween fun for the whole family. Here are some of my ideas.

Boo On Main and other city festivals
Trunk or Treats at churches, community centers, and neighborhoods
Pumpkin Patches
Apple Orchards
Visiting Farms
Watching Daddy carve pumpkins
Painting pumpkins
Construction paper jack-o-lanterns
Painting ghosts and skeletons on black construction paper


Here is some family Halloween Pinspiration























When you are making plans, consider these things:

  1. Who will be attending with you?
  2. Time of day
  3. Intended audience
  4. Time span of event and drive time
  5. Costumes accepted (not all events are a free for all)
If you keep these things in mind and relate your own family to them, Halloween should go pretty smoothly. 

Happy Halloween from The Palmetto Queen!

I also want to wish a very happy birthday to the best husband in the world.
Happy Birthday my knight in shining armor!




No comments :

Post a Comment