Tech Etiquette 101: Sharing Photos


This week I want to discuss something that is forgotten about so often with the emergence of social media. The sharing of photos is something that is often done without thought. I am also guilty of this. I tend to get so excited about photos (especially involving my little prince) that I just post, without asking permission. 

Its not just people who are concerned with how they look that we should be considerate of. Not everyone wants photos shared of their children. I share photos of mine, but I am aware of my privacy settings. The problem with this is that not everyone is. It is frustrating when people share photos without my permission. 

I think one of the worst things about this is that if a business, camp, or school take pictures of children, they have to have a signed waiver from parents. So, if schools who are not necessarily going to share the photo with the public have to have permission- why don't strangers. 

I am not even going to discuss strangers taking photos of me or my family today- that is for another post. 

The point of this post is to encourage you to be aware of the photos you are sharing on social media- make sure it is okay with the subject if you share. This only takes a few seconds - I'm sure they will return the favor. 

BIG NEWS!

Starting tomorrow (July 9) there is going to be something exciting happening across Facebook, Twitter, and even here on The Palmetto Queen. Be sure to come back and see what the exciting event is. (It helps if you are subscribed- you can do that in the side bar) Here's a hint!


There is another hint HERE!

1 comment :

  1. I have GOT to find some sort of release or something for public events with Bean.  We will be doing more and more live events.... Ugh!!!  I need help.

    ReplyDelete