Happy Birthday America!

Independence day is one of my favorite holidays, always has been. 
I love the barbeques, the cookouts, the music, the drinks- all of it. 

Most of all, I love that we are able to celebrate our unity as a nation. 
Its nice to take one day and put away party politics, religious differences, and embrace our similarities. 

Growing up, we had the most amazing traditions for July 4th. 
My Mom ALWAYS had a cookout and usually made her bbq- which is the best in the world. 
I always got to hang the flag streamers on the front porch. 
We always had sparklers (which I still love).
Mom always made us special goodies to wear for the festivities. I even usually got a special bow!
It truly was a celebration for living in an amazing place, and family was center of it all. 

Unfortunately, this year is entirely too hot. 
We are hiding in the house and having a family day. 

Since I don't have any fun family stuff to share with you, I will share some pinspiration! 








Source: flickr.com via Cari on Pinterest











I miss our family celebrations, so I will have to pick up the tradition where Mom left off. 
I am in the mood to start planning next year's celebration. 

Remember to take some time for family and be thankful for the lives we live. 

How do you celebrate?

2 comments :

  1. I also miss the celebrations, but today is a work day for me, so have fun and burn a few sparklers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! No sparklers for us- its too hot!

    ReplyDelete