My Parenting Success Moment

Like everyone else, I'm pretty much winging this parenting thing. In honesty, most days I feel like a failure. Every night I pray that I do better the next day. All I want is to be the best I can for my children. Good enough? Never, but the best I can be is what I am for.

Several months back, I did have a winning moment. When I asked Snapper what she wanted to be when she grew up, her answer amazed me. I was expecting ballerina, teacher, princess, surgeon, or even astronaut. What she said, I was definitely not expecting.

She said she wanted to be a mommy. What?! She didn't stop there. "I want to be a mommy, just like you." My heart swelled and I knew then that I was making a difference in my children. I may go to bed exhausted with a heavy heart, but my children think I'm a winner. All in all, that is all that matters!


1 comment :