More Homeschool Improvements: Thanks Carson-Dellosa

Disclaimer: I am a Carson-Dellosa Brand Ambassador. I receive items to facilitate projects and to review. All opinions are my own.

Last year, I was preparing my family for school. I was preparing for a 3rd grader to be homeschooled and a kindergartener to go to public school. It may not seem like a big deal, but it got kind of crazy. (Especially when she caught the bus at 6 and got off the bus at 4). It completely threw my planning off. When we finally got into the swing of things, I made a deal with myself. I would start school earlier in the year and even if everything was not complete, we would still start and I would continue to plan. 

Fast forward to this year. I have two being homeschooled (4th and 1st). I'm so glad I made that deal with myself. We started school last week because it gives us more freedom in our calendar for sickness, deaths, and even impromptu family time. (over the last couple of years, I've lost 2 aunts, a cousin, my son was in the hospital for a week, my MIL had cancer, I had a cancer scare, and my daughter had a lot of medical issues, so it taught me to give myself time in our calendar). I am still completing some projects and getting our organization on point, but I'm so glad we started anyway. I've learned that we are never 100% ready. 

Once again, Carson-Dellosa came to the rescue! 

This year, I've moved my kids' daily supplies into clipboards. Their other items (that they don't use every day) are in their file holders on the bookshelf. They are labeled with adorable stickers and contain supplies in a pouch, sketchbook, extra notebooks, and items I want them to have access to but are not needed each school day. 


We've also added a fun social studies book and some cutting practice to our resources, which I am so very excited about! We also added in shoe tying practice. I cannot teach anyone how to tie their shoes. Everyone tried to teach me, but I couldn't get it either. My kindergarten teachers' aid showed me one time and I got it. But, I'm not good with cute rhymes and things and I never have been. I guess practice makes perfects, so we are going to try it out. 


Bring history to life for students in grades 4 and up with Amazing Facts in U.S. History!

Students will love using this captivating resource book to explore little-known historical facts, folklore, and factoids often taught in school that are either untrue or undocumented.

Topics covered in this 128-page social studies book include the following:
the Fountain of Youth
the first Thanksgiving
the colonies
the Revolutionary War
George Washington
the Cherokee nation
the Gold Rush
the Wild West
American Presidents
The book includes questions, explanations, historical mysteries, quizzes, puzzles, logic problems, and answer keys.

Mark Twain Amazing Facts in U.S. History, Grades 5 - 8 Teacher


Spectrum Let’s Learn to Paste builds fine motor skills and teaches basic skills through fun cutting and pasting activities.

This hands-on workbook offers step-by-step instructions for parents working with children ages 2 and up and includes engaging activities to delight the youngest learners.

Its 64 full-color pages captivate children while enhancing their fine motor skills and teaching important skills necessary for preschool and kindergarten.



In Cut & Paste the Alphabet, your child will practice safely using scissors and glue to make his or her own alphabet book. Your child will develop the fine motor control needed for kindergarten while simultaneously learning to recognize each letter and its sound!



Improve fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination while learning to tie shoes!

This fun learning game set includes 6 colorful shoes and boots (each 7” x 4.25”), 6 laces (each 36”), and directions in English, Spanish, and French. Perfect for ages 4 and up, these photographic lacing cards don’t require reading for kids to enjoy.

Key Education products are intended to engage and educate young and special learners, as well as assist teachers in building a strong and developmentally appropriate curriculum for these children. The product line—comprised of teacher/parent resource books, photographic learning cards, and other activity- and game-oriented materials—is designed to assist in “Unlocking the Potential in Every Child."

Key Education Publishing® I Can Tie My Shoes Lacing Cards Teacher

No comments :

Post a Comment