Time to Clean Those Backpacks!

So we are all stuck at home. Are you running out of things to do? I'm not but some people are bored. Over the weekend, I gave a much-needed cleaning to my kids' backpacks. Because they are homeschooled and do not use them every day, I've never cleaned them before and they've had them a couple years.



I had decided to clean them out and restock and noticed a stench. Yes, a scrunch your face up stench. I don't know where it came from, but it had to go! Even if there isn't a stench, why not clean them up and sanitize them now, while they aren't being used.

We had some rainy days, so I had to wait for the sun to come out and then I got busy. It is really simple to clean them, it just isn't something I think of doing often.

To start with, make sure everything is out of every pocket, leave all pockets unzipped, and turn the backpack inside out.

Then, run you some lukewarm water in the bathtub (I chose not to use the washer because they weren't really dirty and I didn't want them to lose shape, but you can use it on gentle). In that water, use laundry detergent and Odoban (Or, you can use vinegar- it neutralizes smells).

Put the backpack in the tub and let them soak a few minutes and then just hand wash them.

Then, change them outside in the sun to dry for a day- the sun is great at sanitizing too!

So simple and it made one happy girl!


No comments :

Post a Comment