Tips For Working At Home During The Summer Break

During the summer break, routines tend to go out the window in our home. We have day trips, weekend trips, lake days, hiking days, and so much more. Dad also tends to take more time off work to spend with the kids. They are only young once, so we try to make the most of it.

However, I still have to get work done... at least sometimes. I've had to get creative with finding ways of getting work done, so I thought I would share some with you!


1. Keep your calendar organized and schedule work and meetings around it. If your husband is planning on taking a day off, write it down. If you are going to the lake, write it down. This way you know which days are available and which are off the table. 

2. Talk to your husband and children. Let them know that you need quite times sometimes to get work done so that you can spend other days having fun with them. 

3. I like to put a movie in for the kids during the hottest part of the day. Then, I can work on my laptop while they enjoy the movie, and usually fall asleep. 

4. Schedule quiet time during the day. The kids can play quietly, watch TV, play tablets, draw, whatever- but they have to be quiet (usually in their rooms). This way I can make phone calls or record if I need to. This also gives me a little quiet time to think. 

5. Take the kids to the library. While they are occupied by the children's section, you can use the library's wifi and work. 

6. Send an email to all of your clients that you work with on a regular basis. Let them know that your children are out of school and while you will still get your work done, you will just be on a different kind of schedule. 

7. Don't take on new clients during the summer- I learned this the hard way. 

8. If you have an Etsy store or make custom things, adjust your timing to allow for the summer fun. 

9. Take it easy on yourself. You do not have to constantly be working (this is something I struggle with). Give yourself more time to complete tasks and be honest with yourself and your clients. Getting yourself stressed out will make your projects take longer and you won't be able to enjoy the time with your children. 

10. Enjoy the summer weather with the kids. Take your laptop, notebook, tablet, or some type of work outside and watch them play while you work. I spend a lot of summer days like this:



No comments :

Post a Comment