Organize Kids' Prescription Medications

Tbomb was recently diagnosed with ITP (low blood platelets) and spent a week in the hospital. With this came lots of medications. Every day, he has to take medicine in the morning and at night. There are 4 prescriptions and 3 over the counter medications he has to take. It can get hard to remember when the kids are going crazy and I'm trying to get the day started or get them ready for bed, so I use medication organizers to help out. The problem with this is that there are 3 things I have to keep on hand for "just in case," as well as having to take his meds to the doctor and if we go away for the night, I have to take it all.

It was getting a bit much, so I had to find a solution.

I packed him a hospital bag for his last doctor visit, just in case. They were considering changing his treatment plan and the first one they had him on he had an allergic reaction to, so I knew they would want to monitor him overnight. Luckily, they didn't change his treatment plan because his platelets had gone up again. (This sure has been a journey). While I was packing his bag, I found a toiletry bag just hanging out in his duffel and I knew it was the solution!


Not only does it excite him because it is used every day and he gets to look at the cool camo, but it is the perfect size. I even have room to tuck Koda's meds in if I need to!



I have all of his prescription medications, over the counter medications, and "just in case" meds in one case. I also throw in a sucker for after he gets his blood drawn.


Everything fits in nice and neat with his daily meds and nasal spray right on top (green is morning and blue is evening). Those just in case meds are handy as well!

While I attacked this, I went ahead and took care of organizing the kids other medications. They are handy for my husband as well. This is the best way I have found and I just stick it on a shelf where the kids lunch items and snacks are!


It has anything needed for any ailment, boo boo, and allergic reaction. It even has our aromatherapy melts for when they have colds. It works perfectly!

How do you keep medications organized?

No comments :

Post a Comment