Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies Ever + Family Update

I haven't posted much recently. It has been a few very trying weeks for my family. I had a scare with my heart- I found out that while the inside of my pulmonary valve has not changed in the last 7 years (too small, but functioning), my left ventricle is having problems. It is only functioning at 63%. My doctor thinks I'm fine, but he is sending me to a cardiologist, just in case. On top of that, my thyroid is very swollen and my neck is very sensitive, so I have to have testing done on that as well. When I got home from that appointment, I found out that my MIL got her biopsy results back and she does have Breast Cancer. We are hoping it was caught quickly enough that a surgery will fix it. We will know more soon.

My Granny also had a stroke and I lost an aunt December 29th. It has been rough, but we are keeping our faith strong and spending a lot of time on our knees. Please keep our family in your prayers.

On to something happy:

I LOVE peanut butter cookies. Seriously. Like nothing else ever (Except Reese's cups!)


My mom made these for me when I was a little girl and when I was about 13, she taught me to do them myself, although I always preferred mom's. I make them occasionally for my family, but they prefer a cookie with flour, so I make them when I get the craving. They are still my favorite. If you like peanut butter, you will love them. I'm sure you have everything in your home to make them now.

What you need:
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix it all together- I usually don't even use a mixer, just make sure to get it mixed well.

Put spoonfuls on cookie sheet about an inch apart. Then, hash the top with a fork. Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes. Easy Peas!

When peanut butter is added to cookie dough it makes it denser, which in turn makes it harder to bake through. Putting the hash marks in the cookie dough balls actually flattens them for more even baking. When the cookies bake, they should come out soft with crispy edges where the hash marks have been formed.
My mom would make a few batches of these for class parties and my classmates always loved them and asked her to make them whenever we had an event. One time, mom sent me in the store to pick up chocolate chips to add in. I didn't know where they were and was looking on the candy aisle. I couldn't find them, so I grabbed m&ms. It became a tradition. Whenever she made them for school, she added m&ms.

Here are other ideas:
Chocolate chips
Hershey Kisses
Pretzel pieces
chopped up candy
small cookies
chopped cookies
peanuts



No comments :

Post a Comment