5-Minute DIY: Easy Blessing Jar

As I wrote about before, my family is going through a lot. My MIL was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer, I'm having lots of tests done on my Thyroid and heart, and we are lining up for the next stage of tests for snapper. This is all on top of the everyday chaos we have. I'm sure you can imagine the level of stress we have right now. 

It is easy to count our blessings when life is calm, happy, and assured. What about when life gets scary and crazy? There are still blessings and I have a simple way to remind our families to count them. Its so easy that I'm not sure it really warrants a blog post, but here goes anyway. 

1. Get a pretty jar- one you have around the house is fine- you could even use a vase, glass, tea cup- anything. 

2. Put a pen and some blank paper squares in it. 

3. Put it somewhere that is seen- even if you use it as a centerpiece. We need to be reminded to put our blessings in it and to look for blessings at all stages of life. 

4. Decorate, if you wish.

5. When you are feeling down, feeling like nothing is going right, or need some special family time, count your blessings- you actually don't have to read them. Literally, count them. When you need to be reminded of the wonderful things in life- then, read them. 

I hope your family chooses to do this, mine does. 

No comments :

Post a Comment