Book Review: The Story for Kids, NIrV

I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 


The Story For Kids is written for children between 8 and 12, although it can be read to younger children. This particular Bible is arranged in chronological order, highlighting characters, events, and teachings. There is even art within the Bible to engage young readers' imaginations. One o my favorite features is that there are transitional paragraphs (set apart by italics) that help guide your child through the stories. There are even discussion questions especially for a small group or Bible study. It includes Scripture portions from the easy-to-read text of the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV). It includes a forward by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee. Available in hardback, paperback, and multimedia CD from Amazon.

I've mentioned before how much I love Bibles, this is no different with children's Bibles. It is very important to me that my children read the bible, understand it, and grow to love it as much as I do. When I find a children's bible, I have to check it out and learn more about it. I was very excited when I stumbled across The Story For Kids: Discover The Bible From Beginning To End. Tbomb isn't old enough to read it himself, but he had outgrown his toddler bible, so this was the next step. He loves listening to me read this bible because there are more details, so he is constantly learning something new about the stories he has always loved. He especially loved Noah. Before, he just new that basically God told Noah to build an arc, put 2 of every animal on it, and that it rained for forty days and nights. The few other details, like the rainbow, he picked up from me expanding on the story. Now, he wants me to read it to him all the times because all of his questions are answered.




No comments :

Post a Comment