Parent Beware: Hacked Nanny Cams Can Give A Look Into Your Child's Room

If you have followed this blog for long, you know that I embrace technology in my life and with my children. What you may not know is that while I embrace it, I'm very careful about it, especially when it comes to my children. Here are some of the steps we take to protect our children with technology.

  • We have actually covered the webcams on the laptops in the house, as well as the tablets. This may seem overboard, but we do not want the kids accidentally clicking "allow" for someone to see them through the camera.
  • The kids' tablets are not allowed to be online unless I or their dad are updated or adding apps. 
  • If they are online, they are in the family room, positioned where I can see the screen. 
  • The phones have kid modes installed, for when they are playing games. 
  • These precautions and more will remain effective until they are much, much older. 
These are precautions my husband and I have taken from the beginning. We thought we had our bases covered, but after this article was posted on my Facebook page, I'm reconsidering that we have taken enough precautions. 


Yes, you read that headline right. This story appeared on Simplemost.com and expresses a true nightmare for parents. I cannot imagine finding that a tool I was using to protect my children was actually exploiting them.

Luckily, the author of this post does give tips to keep this from happening to other families. Be sure to read it and take the suggested precautions. What can it hurt? 


No comments :

Post a Comment