10 Easy Doll DIYs and Hacks

I love finding new things to make for the kids' dolls. I also love it when I find something perfect that works for them, but takes no work on my part besides buying it!


Warning: most of these are so simple that it is utterly ridiculous!


1. Use 2 chenille stems (pipe cleaners) to make a hula hoop. Just twist them together and then connect. You can also use them to make a star for a tree, flowers, wands, and more for your dolls. 

2. A pretty wooden step stool makes a great table.

3. Shop dollar stores for playsets. Most of these are actually doll-size. I have found cooking items, food, binoculars, walkie-talkies, and even trays for Snapper's doll. 

4. Hat hairpins (fascinators) that are often found around the holidays are perfect for a doll hat. 

5. Shop keychains. I made the dolls easter baskets just by shopping for keychains- cameras, bibles, cookies, game controllers, and more. 

6. Often, you can find food shaped erasers that are the perfect size. 

7. Make a doll quiver out of a Pringles can, duct tape, and ribbon. 

8. Party favor packs found at retailers and dollar stores contain mini items that work for dolls as well. 

9. Make a doll apron out of a piece of felt and a ribbon. 

10. I think the favorite thing I've made the kids for their dolls is their sleeping bag. I just took a piece of a felt blanket (found for $2.50 at Wal-Mart), folded it, and tied it like those craft fleece pillows and blankets. They love them and their dolls always sleep in them. I used tie-died for one and camo for the other. 

What simple ideas for dolls have you found that work well? 

No comments :

Post a Comment