10 Tips for Outdoor Events with Kids

This past weekend, we took the kids and my mom to Tiger Drive-In, in Tiger, Georgia. We saw Kong x Godzilla. Let me tell you- it was AH-MAH-ZING. The first of the movies I have actually sat through. Now, I want to see the others. It was my mom's 60th birthday and it was a wonderful celebration. 


We had the best time and the experience was just as wonderful as the movie. I had never been to a drive-in before and neither had the kids. This is something we will always remember. Of course, I took lots of pictures. 







I wanted to share some tips for attending outdoor events with kids, as we've done a lot over the years and these should help with most ages and help mom keep her sanity. 

10 Tips for Outdoor Events with Kids

1. Make sure you will have the opportunity to let the kids run off some energy. I was so excited that there was a playground at the drive-in. After being in the car that long, I knew the kids could not sit through a movie. 

2. Eat before hand. Its always easier to get my kids to eat when there are no distractions.

3. Bring plenty of snacks- because, kids. 

4. Don't forget extra water. I made this mistake and ended up giving them my water. 

5. Each kid had their travel backpack (we use them for everything) with a hoodie, blanket, and tablet (in case the movie was scary for Snapper). I'm so glad I thought to bring blankets on an 80-degree day. It gets chilly in the mountains at night. Best travel blanket ever: cooling blanket (these have fleece on the opposite side for warmth). Snapper has the unicorn and Tbomb has the gaming pattern.

6. Bring a waterproof picnic for stretching out on. Even if chairs are provided at the event, kids like to stretch out, especially as they get sleepy. Here's the one we have. It is plenty big enough, takes up very little room, and even comes with stakes. 

7. Hype them up. Pretty simple, but I love seeing kids get excited- even though the 13-year-old tries to hide it. 

8. Bring your mom bag- lots of snacks, bandaids, wet wipes, extra water, and whatever else. I know people are psyching over the rubber bags now, but I love my neoprene tote. It is huge, durable, and washable and I can squeeze it away when I'm not using it. Here it is. I have the beige flower, but should have gotten a darker one. 

9. Make sure they are settled for the ride. If they are settled, comfortable, and content for the ride, there is less stress and angst when you finally arrive at your destination. 

10. Have fun. Put all expectations away and enjoy your kids. This is the biggest one!! Enjoy them!!


No comments :

Post a Comment