Teach Math to ALL Ages With #Matics

Disclaimer: I received a product in exchange for my review. I was not asked to write a positive review. All opinions are my own. 

As I have written about many times on this blog, my husband and I decided that homeschool is the best choice for our family. Even though our oldest is only 3 1/2, we jumped right in about a year ago. It has definitely been a journey learning about how to best approach this adventure. One of the biggest challenges I have found is finding the right tools to use with a very advanced child without taking him into 1st grade levels. School at this age should be fun, yet challenging.



One of my favorite tools to date is Matics. Matics is a game to teach children of all ages different types of math, even adults enjoy it. This amazing game is great for teaching your children to count and will grow with them, even into division. I'm sure it could even be used in more advanced math. I am really looking forward to using Matics with both of my children as they grow. Mac can count, recognize numbers, and write them; so we are working on simple addition. Until Matics came along, we were using our fingers and an abacus. Matics is a great addition to our math routine. 3+2=5! (He was so proud of himself)


While the Matics deck has directions for some math games, we have been using the cards in different ways too. Mac was even teaching Kodabug to count with them. "See Koda, there are 3 moons, this is 3!"

Here are some ways to use them as a supplement.

  • To help visualize worksheets
  • Practice writing numbers
  • Counting
  • Addition
  • Subtraction
  • Multiplication
  • Division
  • Word problems
I'm sure I will think of other ways to use them as we go along in school. 

I am so grateful for people like Lisa Hayes, the creator of Matics, and everyone at Kabuki Helps. It is so nice to know there are people out there that want to help and that have a passion for math. In fact, I have a confession. Everyone in my family just loves math, and I have always been pretty bad at it (shameful!). History, science, English, or anything else I can handle. I even did decent in Chemistry. It is like once the word math come in, my brain checks out. I know my mother would get so frustrated at me when she was trying to help me with my homework. In fact, math is the reason for my anxiety with homeschooling. Matics to the rescue! I now have the confidence to know that my children can learn math at home, even if I am horrible at this particular subject. Thank you Lisa, Matics, and Kabuki Helps. 



Be sure to check out Kabuki Helps for a wide range of educational products and games. There is something for everyone there. Find things for help with homeschool, homework, and supplementing education that comes from outside the home. After all, we all want to give our children every chance to succeed and gain confidence.

Kabuki Helps is offering my readers a 10% discount on any item from their site. Just enter Palmetto at the checkout!

Would you like Matics for your children? You are in luck, Kabuki Helps is also offering a free deck to one reader. Just visit Kabuki Helps and comment on the product page why Matics would be great for your family! You could also head on over to their Facebook page and do the same. Just make sure you let them know that The Palmetto Queen sent you. A winner will be chosen May 17th. 

1 comment :

  1. Hi Everyone! Take note that on the Kabuki Helps page, you have to scroll down pretty far to "Write a Review" to leave comments for the Matics game to enter the contest.

    ReplyDelete