10 Things To Do Before Summer Break

I may be with my kids all the time since I homeschool them, but I look forward to our summers together just like other moms. I want to make the most of our summers together. After all, they don't last forever. 

There are a few things that I do every year before we end our school year so that we can have the most fun with our time and spend as much time together as possible. 


1. Finish projects. I always try to finish up any projects I'm working on.  This year, I actually finished planning our 2024-2025 school year so that I do not have to do it this summer when I could be outside enjoying my family. I also try to finish up any organizational projects I'm working on. 

2. Get the kids organized. We spend the last couple of weekends before we finish school purging bedrooms and making sure the systems in place work. That way, the rooms do not get out of hand over the summer. While you are doing this, make sure you are caught up on laundry (my nemesis) and try to do laundry whenever there is a full load over the summer. 

3. Get an "adventure bag" ready. While my kids' travel backpacks stay packed and they just have to add a few things in for travel and day trips, mom is a little different. I just get what I need. This year, I'm changing that. I have a bag ready for myself that I can grab and go- with a picnic blanket, small first aid kit, sunscreen, hat, towel (you never know when those kids will find a creek), and other things I may need on crazy adventures. When we went to the drive-in, it was the perfect time to test my bag and the kids' bags. Just make sure you leave room for snacks and cool sticks they may find.



4. Have quick recipes on hand. Make a list of 10 or so easy dinner recipes that you can use throughout the summer, along with your normal quick meals. Although it is fun to get in the kitchen and cook with the kids, who wants to spend all summer in the kitchen?!

5. Get all the outdoor fun ready- Clean the fire pit, get your outdoor seating done, and get the s'mores basket ready. All that stuff. Have it ready for the fun to begin. 

6. Get the dogs' vet visits done. Now, you can take Rover with you on all your adventures with no worries. 

7. Don't forget to get your car serviced, cleaned, and stocked for summer fun. New hand sanitizer, tissues, and organized for family fun. 

8. Get a list of ideas and supplies ready for fun at home. Maybe you need to get some work done or maybe you just want to spend the day in the house. That's ok too. Some ideas of fun things to do (can be as simple as a coloring book) can help you when trying to come up with something on the spot. 

9. Look at your calendar. Go ahead and mark the days that you have to do things and then look at your community calendar. Pencil in some events that you might be interested in taking the kids to. It's always nice to have options. 

10. Get excited! Seriously. Are there any better humans on this planet than your kids and spouse? Get excited about all the fun times you will have together and make every day an adventure- at home or on the go!



No comments :

Post a Comment