SCS: Thank You Veterans


One of the earliest lessons I learned was to be grateful to those who have lost their lives and risked their lives so that I can live the life I have. My grandfather was in the Air Force and my mom grew up with strong military roots and influences. At times our house was run like a ship. I am thankful for all the times my grandaddy came home when it could have turned out so differently. 

I may have been the only 13-year-old who teared up at the site of the monuments in Washington, D.C. - but there is just something about having all of that emotion in front of your face. 

I cannot possibly put into words how thankful I am for our soldiers, veterans, and fallen heroes. From the bottom of my heart Thank you. I want to send a special thank you to their families as well. I know it isn't easy. 

Here are some amazing poems that can assist me in putting my thoughts into words. 

If someone has done military service,
They earn the title "veteran," and more;
They earn our deep respect and admiration;
That they are special no one can ignore.

They sacrificed the comforts we enjoy;
The list is long of all the things they gave.
Our veterans are extraordinary people;
They’re loyal, dedicated, true and brave.

When terror and invasion were real threats,
They showed us they could handle any storm.
We owe our freedoms and our very lives
To our veterans, who served in uniform.

Our veterans should be celebrities;
They’re exceptional; no other group compares.
We’re grateful for the many things they’ve done;
They’re always in our hearts and in our prayers.

We owe our veterans support and friendship;
Let no one ever question what they’re worth.
These men and women served us and our country,
Our veterans--the very best on earth.

By Joanna Fuchs


The Noble and the Brave:
A Veteran's Day Tribute

When America had an urgent need,
These brave ones raised a hand;
No hesitation held them back;
They were proud to take a stand.

They left their friends and family;
They gave up normal life;
To serve their country and their God,
They plowed into the strife.

They fought for freedom and for peace
On strange and foreign shores;
Some lost new friends; some lost their lives
In long and brutal wars.

Other veterans answered a call
To support the ones who fought;
Their country had requirements for
The essential skills they brought.

We salute every one of them,
The noble and the brave,
The ones still with us here today,
And those who rest in a grave.

So here’s to our country’s heroes;
They’re a cut above the rest;
Let’s give the honor that is due
To our country’s very best.

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments :

Post a Comment