Guest Post: Rhonda Shares Her Modeling Experience

Last week, I posted about Rack Room Shoes and #modelswanted. Wish such a great response and amazing concept, I thought you guys might like to know more. So, Rhonda is sharing her thoughts today. Rhonda and her family are this years winners and will be appearing in store ads throughout the month of December. Remember, there is still time to get your applications in to be next year's models. 


Last year I happened to be shopping at Rack Room Shoes (as I do quite often with three growing children) when I saw an entry form for a contest that caught my attention. Each year, Rack Room Shoes hosts their annual Models Wanted contest. A contest for real families, like mine, to submit pictures of themselves to Rack Room Shoes for a chance to be featured in their seasonal advertising campaigns.


After I got home I figured oh, why not? This sounds fun. So I jumped online and filled out the entry form, submitting a few of my favorite family photos. I had forgotten all about the entry until we received a phone call from a Rack Room representative. To be honest, I thought it was a joke!

As it turns out, it wasn’t a prank at all! At first I thought they would just want to feature the kids, but my husband, David, and I were also included in the photo shoot. I had no idea what to expect, but it was a great time. I enjoyed every minute of it!

We were flown to Charlotte, N.C. where we were treated like movie stars. Each day we got our hair and make up done, played on set and got to try on lots of shoes, which we even got to take home! I remember waking up one morning thinking, “I could get used to this!” The Rack Room Shoes team was so welcoming and really treated us as part of the family.

I think David and I will always remember this experience and the looks on our kid’s faces during the shoot– priceless! (I’m not sure who enjoyed the experience more, them or us.) All in all, I have to say I’m thankful I picked up that form in the Rack Room Shoes store that afternoon, or I would have missed out on this once-in-a- lifetime opportunity to spend quality time together with my family.

So if you are considering entering, I say go for it! What do you have to lose? We certainly gained more than we could’ve ever imagined.  Below are a few pictures from the shoot, and you can also see us online (beginning Nov. 13) at www.rackroomshoes.com and in stores at all 400 locations. This has certainly been an experience we will never forget!




Thank you Ronda for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you and your family had such a great experience and you make such great models. 

Don't forget to apply for your family to be models! Have any questions or want to spread the word? Tweet using #modelswanted. You can also follow Rack Room Shoes. 



No comments :

Post a Comment