A Letter To My Readers

I wanted to write my readers a letter about why I started The Palmetto Queen. There are several reasons, including having somewhere for the mommy in me to vent. Before I get to these, I want to let you know a little about me.



I am a girly-girl who loves anything pink and sparkly. In fact, my husband says that if I'm mad at him, he can show me something shiny and I will forget all about it. (I disagree, but he does buy me a lot of jewelry.) I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and business owner. I own NighLon, where I am a logo designer, branding consultant, and professional know-it-all. I am the person who takes on project after project. I am never bored and insist on living a full life. This is my way of doing that.

The Palmetto Queen is a way for me to document my journey and share some tips on managing chaos and keeping life glitzy. I hope you find useful posts here.

What you will find here at The Palmetto Queen:

Organizing: Without organization, I cannot accomplish anything. I have always been organized, but in the past two years, my strategies have stopped working. Since becoming a mother, I have had to rethink my past organizational tendencies. I still require a paper planner, post-its, lists, and colorful pens. 

Family Topics: First and foremost, I am a mother and wife. my biggest challenge is balancing all of my projects with family life. It is a struggle at times, but at the end of every day, it is worth it. 

Book Reviews: Beneath all the glitter, makeup, and jewelry, I am a nerd. I love to read and tell others about the books I find. The majority of books you see here will not be ones that are in main stream media (I stress most) I seek out the books that are off the beaten path, if you will. I am also not a big fiction reader. I read fiction when I am stressed. Otherwise, I want to either learn something or be on a journey to self improvement. 

Home School: This is a recent decision we have made and I hope you will follow along. Later in the week, I will be sharing why we made this decision. 

South Carolina: My home state is beautiful and full of history. I will share fun facts, history, and tips on local shopping and entertainment (for where ever you live.)

Southern Charm Sunday: Growing up, I was taught classic southern etiquette. I wish to instill these values in my family and hope to bring a renewed interest to this lost art. 

Favorite Products: Every girl has products that make her life easier and that she cannot live without. I will share mine with you! 

Note: I will be taking a break from List 5 Friday until after the holidays. I want to take some time and participate in some link ups from other bloggers. 

I started The Palmetto Queen so that I would have a space of my own that wasn't business or family.. It didn't take me long to find out that it would never work that way. This is The Palmetto Queen: a tale of a crazy life full of beauty, family, mason jars, moonlit nights, and "yes ma'ams"! This is my whole story

On a side note, I am looking for guest posts for my next busy month. In September, I have a lot going on. I would like two weeks worth of guest posts about event planning. If you have an idea for a post that has anything to do with event planning and birthdays, I would love to hear from you. Just send me an email at thepalmettoqueen(at)gmail(dot)com. If you want to guest post for me, and don't want to write about event planning, that's okay send me an email anyway, I'm sure I have a spot for you. Thanks for being a constant source of support and encouragement!  

2 comments :

  1. Yay for homeschooling! It has been fabulous for us! I have done a lot of event planning, in addition to birthday parties, my husband and I did the homeschool prom every year for three years AND, of course, I produced several plays, which are certainly an eventful activity:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love planning events. It is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete