Sunday Habits For A Successful Homeschool Week

I have spent my life from my teen years despising Mondays. I've always been unorganized, scatterbrained, and off track on Monday. For a Type A person, this doesn't make sense. I finally turned that all around. 

How did I do this? I start my Monday on Sunday. This is my Sunday evening view- the beginning of my Monday!


That thing with all the writing is my brain- my planner. 

So, On Sunday, I sit down at my desk with my computer, planner, weekly task sheet, and coffee. I make sure my whole week is settled. If I need special items for school on a particular day, I make a note of that on my weekly sheet. For instance, this week I have to have pipe cleaners for our science experiment on Friday, so I have a note on Thursday to gather them. 

I also go ahead and look to the next week to make sure there isn't something I need to go ahead and prepare for. I actually have an appointment I need to change next Monday, so I'm glad I looked ahead. 

I also look at my Google Calendar to see if there are any "national day of..." days that I need to make note of either for the kids or for business. 

I make a list of what I want to accomplish that week as well as including habits that I need to work on. This is the weekly task pad I use: Buy it on Amazon


I used to have weeks in my planner, but it was too much bulk and not handy enough- This tablet can go anywhere and I can also tuck it in my planner if I need to. It is the perfect solution, 

I make notes of any phone calls I need to make and get a good visual of my week before I wind down on Sunday Evening. I double-check the week's school plan to make sure everything is ready and printed. 

The other big thing I do on Sunday night is clean off my desk. Everything was put away and the surface was cleaned and disinfected. 

Doing these things on Sunday evenings has made a huge difference in my Mondays. I now go to bed on Sunday knowing that my Monday will run smoothly and wake up ready to tackle the week. 

I still have scatter brained days and days that I feel like I just do not have it together, but at least Mondays are no longer just another case of the Mondays. 







No comments :

Post a Comment