Tips & Trips For Using Leftovers

 I don't know about you, but my grocery bill is getting out of hand. With growing kids that are 11, 8, and very active, I am being eaten out of house and home. It seems like no matter how hard I try, we have leftovers. I don't mind eating leftovers, but sometimes it isn't quite enough. We have found ways to reuse leftovers and we make our groceries go further and are able to cut that bill down. 



1. Macaroni & Cheese. We keep boxes of macaroni and cheese (the brand is your choice) on hand. If we have tacos, we stir the leftovers in and we have taco macaroni. We also have added leftover hotdog chili, vegetables, and other things. You would be surprised at what you can stir into macaroni and cheese to make another whole meal. 

2. Rice. We keep rice to make beef & rice or chicken & rice. This is perfect if you have a leftover roast or baked chicken. You can even serve leftover veggies on the side or stir them in as well. 

3. Do you struggle with lunch ideas like I do? Use leftovers to make lunch- smaller portions, so you don't need as much food. 

4. We love to make chicken salad with leftover chicken and barbeque if we have leftover pork. 

5. One of my favorite ways to use leftovers- because it is the easiest and my kids are pretty good about eating leftovers. I like to add in another vegetable and give the kids a few tortilla chips. It makes what is left go further and the kids love the chips. 

How do you make leftovers go further? 


No comments :

Post a Comment