Putting a Family Twist on Halloween


I have always loved Halloween and would celebrate the whole month with dress up days at work, parties, and going out on Halloween. All of that changed when I became a mother. In fact, that is one of the first things my husband and I realized we had in common- our love for Halloween. We have always carved pumpkins, made cookie houses, decorated, and dressed up.

My Halloween focus is now things that are appropriate for the kids (and a late night horror movie for me and the hubby).  I have discovered some family friendly and safe activities to replace the partying of my youth.


  • Trunk or Treats
  • Corn Mazes
  • Visiting Farms
  • Apple Picking
  • Pumpkin Picking
  • Looking at Lights
  • Town Halloween Festivals
  • Fall Festivals (at churches and schools) 
  • Mall Trick or Treating
There are others as well. 

It makes my heart happy to see all these activities that are appropriate for families. I especially like that kids do not have to go door to door to celebrate the fun of Halloween. 

What do you do for Halloween? 

No comments :

Post a Comment