Living The Organized Life: I'm Losing My Mind


I know I've posted this picture before, but I love it. Honestly, it's the only one with all for of us in it. I'm sure you are wondering what that has to do with losing my mind, but i promise I'll make the connection for you.

I was always the most organized person I know, but these days, I'm not. I can't seem to keep track of anything and I have a to do list that will never end. I'm having a hard time working it all into a day and by the end of the day, I'm frustrated at what I didn't get done, and have to redo my schedule for the next day.

I have a list of things to do, like getting a family portrait scheduled (see the connection), that is growing every day because the holidays are coming. This is on top of scheduling normal appointments and keeping up with milestones.

My appointment book looks ridiculous because I double scheduled some things. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I took the wrong kid to the doctor.

I'm working on a plan that will not only get me organized again, but help insure my to do list shrinks daily. The first step seems simple, but it may be the hardest for me.

First up- stop focusing on what I didn't get done and celebrate what I did get done. Remember that no one has it together 100% of the time, and with a 3 year old, and a 8 week old, life can get crazy and things can be forgotten. Remember that it's okay and the kids do not know that i royally screwed up and didn't get the portrait made when I wanted to.

To put it simply, remember my motto: Life is perfect, even when it's not. Or, even more simply- Beautiful Imperfection!

More Reasons to Shop online

2 comments :

  1. Cari, I'll have to tell you about a book that changed my life and helped me organize the many things in my head. It's called Getting Things Done. I have it as an audio book if your interested I could share it with you. Just let me know. -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari, Don't be too hard on yourself. Many mothers feel the same way you do, and are doing the same you are by taking what we didn't get done from a day and putting on the next day. I also was well organized too until I had my third child. Now, like you I feel like I'm never organized.
    I am lucky to get one family picture a year with Del and it's always at some cheezy place by someone we don't even know or the lighting is horrible. So be glad your able to schedule that in. ;)

    ReplyDelete