Fairy Tales Hair Care: The Answer To My Problems

Disclaimer: I received products to review. All opinions are my own.

I guess, like most parents, the type of shampoo I bought my son was never a major question. I just used the basic shampoo that was also safe for his eyes and skin so any kids' shampoo would do the trick. I thought it was this way with all kids, but I was sorely mistaken. My daughter is 4 now and I find myself spending entirely too much time looking at shampoos and conditioners for her.

Snapper's hair is very curly, can be very frizzy, but also thin. I want products that will protect it, while also cleaning the play out of it, not drying it out, and not pulling the curls out (yes, some shampoos do this). I was spending more time shopping for her hair cair products than for my own very thick, coarse, frizzy, curly, junk (well before I shaved it). I knew something had to give. My answer came in the form of Fairy Tale Hair Care.

Fairy Tales Hair Care, a company that started in 1999, sent me some products that I swear were made for my daughter. I received shampoo, conditioner, after sun spray, bug repellant for kids, and some awesome swag.


I have fallen in love with these products for my daughter and cannot wait to try more of their products with Snapper.

1. Bug Bandit: Just say no to pesky bugs! DEET free, non-toxic and pesticide free bug repellent helps to repel mosquitoes, flies, fleas, gnats and other biting insects. Lemon Eucalyptus oil, soybean oil, cedar bark, citronella, peppermint and rosemary blend. Soybean Oil is proven to repel mosquitoes for 3.5 hours. Lemon Eucalyptus Oil is as effective as low levels of DEET – without the harmful chemicals. Proven effective in children over the age of 3. Gluten, dairy, and nut free. Contains Soy.

2. Lifeguard Clarifying Shampoo: Remove sea salt, chlorine green, and daily build-up with gentle fruit extracts. Vitamins and minerals restore softness, boost shine and protect hair. Deep clean sun damaged hair with natural extracts! Remove chlorine “green” sea salts and minerals with gentle yet effective extracts for clean, soft and shiny hair. Orange flower extract, grapefruit, and lemon gently cleanse damaged hair. Restore softness with vitamins and minerals to detangle all hair types. Perfect for avid swimmers. A family favorite. Color Safe for Moms!

3. Lemon-Aid Conditioner: Remove sea salt, chlorine green, and daily build-up with gentle fruit extracts. Vitamins and minerals restore softness, boost shine and protect hair. Deep cleansing treatment heals sun damaged hair with natural extracts and moisturizing ingredients! Loaded with natural extracts and rich, creamy moisturizers to deep clean and condition even the most sun damaged hair. Grapefruit extract, lemon peel, and orange flower extract remove sea salts, minerals, hard water deposits, and chlorine. Aloe, jojoba, vitamins E and B restore moisturize and shine for tangle free hair. Perfect for the entire family.

4. CoCo Cabana Spray: Remove sea salt, chlorine green, and daily build-up with gentle fruit extracts. Vitamins and minerals restore softness, boost shine and protect hair. Banana leaf extract and coconut oil protect and defend against sun & surf! A fragrant blend of natural ingredient condition brittle, dry hair. Rich conditioners moisturize all day long. Revives sun-worshipped hair
A beach bag must have!

These products could not be more perfect for my little blonde curly-headed girl who is part mermaid! She loves being in the water, even if it is just the little kid one we have put up for them to swim in the evenings in. During the summer, they are both outside almost all day and I always worry about the damage the sun could do to her hair because it is so thin and curly. I never worried about mine because it is dark and thick. Now, I just make sure I keep the CoCo Cabana spray handy and she is good to go. The Lifeguard shampoo and conditioner are perfect to wash the summer heat and damage off. I've even started using them on my son, just in case. His hair doesn't seem to be near as dry this year, and his is more like mine.




The Bug Bandit spray has become a staple for us. The kids have bug repellant bracelets, but they are not always the best option. We prefer spray when we are out in the backyard near the woods because there are all kinds of biting insects and this way, we are covering all of our bases. The spray even seems to be effective against chiggers- we've had no issues this year.

The website has a ton of useful information about Lice and the prevention of it, where to buy their products, and so much more. I also think its really cool that they share the back label of their products online. They are located with the photos of the product.


Fairy Tales Hair Care also has a line of natural lice treatment, natural lice repellant shampoo, conditioner, and styling products, and a line of shampoo, conditioner, and detangler especially formulated for curly hair.


No comments :

Post a Comment