Book Review: An Illustrated Timeline of U.S. States

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 

An Illustrated Timeline of U.S. StatesI'm a bit of a history nut and I want my kids to love history like I do, especially the history of the wonderful states we live in. I have always soaked up facts like I'm a sponge as well. Tbomb is the same way- he pretty much remembers something once he hears it. In fact, he learned his alphabet in less than a week when he wasn't even 2 yet- simply because he soaks up everything. Kodabug is a bit different- she is a much more visual learner. That's why An Illustrated Timeline of U.S. States ($7.49) is such a perfect book for us. It is a visual representation of our great states and full of facts for the Tbomb.

In May, we are going on a trip to Florida, and in preparing activities for the kids on the trip (neither are good riders- Kodabug does not like being in the car and Tbomb gets Car Sick and bored), I realized that it would be a great time to introduce some states to them. Also, my mom has been to every state except Washington and Alaska and the kids love hearing about the states and countries she has been to. When I got the opportunity to review this book, I was beyond excited. I knew that it would be a perfect fit for our car activity bag. When they start to get bored or need a break from one thing, I can pull out this book and give them a fact about Georgia or Florida, depending on which state they are in. When they ask their Grani questions about where she's been, I can add in facts about that location as well. I'm pretty excited to have it or the trip!

An Illustrated Timeline of U.S.States guides your child through the United States becoming a nation, then through each state and territory joining in. The facts along the way give this book another facet for learning. I'm very impressed with this timeline and know that it will be used for years in our homeschool!


No comments :

Post a Comment