Finding What Works



To "conclude" this series, I want to stress the most important aspect of getting organized. (I use quotes because this is not a conclusion- I will continue to post every wee about organization).

The most important thing I can say about organizing is to find what works. This may not be easy, and it may take trial and error to figure this out. In the end, it will be worth it.

This may seem intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Think about your personality and what works in different areas in your life. Turn these things into your organizational system. For instance, think about the stores you enjoy visiting and how they are organized. This can tell you a lot about your style.

I urge you above anything to find a calendar system that works. Make sure it also has a to do list. This can be the very beginning of your organizing overhaul. When my planner gets out of hand, I know it is time to redo everything. We all evolve, and our systems have to evolve as well.

This also doesn't have to be a costly process. Do you want to change the style of planner you want to use, but aren't sure that it will work? Find a cheaper alternative to give a test run. I wanted to try out a vertical weekly layout but didn't want to spend a chunk before I new it would work. I headed to amazon and searched for a vertical planner (I also added 7x9 because that's the size I need for my cover) and found one for around 5 dollars to try out. I found that I loved it. Although I'm not certain that I will be spending that chunk, I know what works for my evolving life.

Another thing to remember is your personal style. Your organizational products should reflect the colors and patterns you adore elsewhere in your life.

When I start a new project, I think about the items I already have, corral those and get started. Then I figure out what I still need a solution for. I hit Dollar Tree and then work my way up. This is the process I use for every organizing project I start.

I just want to make sure you all know that organizing doesn't always happen over night. It can be a long process, but very worth it. I think it is also a great stress reliever.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment, email me ( thepalmettoqueen-at-gmail-dot-com ), visit me on facebook, or twitter. I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

What is your favorite organizing product or your biggest struggle?

No comments :

Post a Comment