Let's Get This Challenge Started!

Hey ladies! I had every intention of getting this post up this morning, but I have been battling severe jaw pain and not really able to concentrate on anything. This ended up being a blessing, because I have made some changes to the plan!



Source: hasfit.com via Joni on Pinterest


This is a challenge for yourself, I would love to see you guys on Instagram (@nighlon) and Twitter (@cari_on) #pqinshape  or even on Facebook. However, if you are not confident in doing that, I understand. If you want to do this privately, go right on ahead. Hopefully by the end of the challenge, you will feel more confident. The point of the challenge was to keep myself accountable for making the small changes that will really add up. I hope that you ladies benefit from my obsessive planning and list making.

Instead of starting with challenge #1, I came up with some rules that I want to share for this week. These aren't like school rules, just things for you to keep in mind for yourself. (Remember, this challenge is designed to be customized for each participant and if you have any questions, just email me at thepalmettoqueen(at)gmail(dot)com - I will answer any questions you have)

This challenge will run for 26 weeks and then amp up for another 26 weeks.

Here are the rules:

  1. Don't be too harsh on yourself!
  2. Even if you do not share it, take a before picture- you will be glad you did later.
  3. Choose something you will do every day. This can be to drink more water, think about every bite, or even having 5 minutes of alone time. 
  4. Choose a mantra and stick to it. Look in the mirror every day and tell yourself this. 
  5. Create a motivation board. You can make a book, a poster, a Pinterest board, or a combination. Here is my Pinterest Board
  6. Choose something to do for yourself that will motivate you (like buying a bikini, booking a vacation, or scheduling a photo shoot). 
  7. List what you love/ don't love (never say hate) about your body. 
  8. Define your goals and motivation. 
  9. Think of anything extra that you want to include. (For example, I'm limiting myself to one sweet a week and I'm going to drink a glass of lemon water every morning). 
I am following the challenge as well, so keep an eye out for my motivation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I will be using the hashtag #pqinshape

I do want to give you all a mini challenge. Google and Pinterest until you find a visual motivation activity that will motivate you and that you will be able to keep track of. I've seen some great piggy bank and pounds to lose/ pounds lost activities. I haven't decided which I'm going to use yet. 

Do you have any questions / suggestions? 
Are you planning on participating? 

No comments :

Post a Comment