Last Minute Stocking Stuffers

I'm sure you all have been wondering where I have been or if I have just been loopy. Well, I've been a little loopy, but that's not all. I've been dealing with some sensitive family issues that have demanded my full attention. But, that is all behind us and I'm back in full swing. Things are looking up, and so is this blog.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I love stocking stuffers. There is just something about sticking within a budget and size limit that brings out the creative side in me. I like to do stockings based on their personality (I love shopping for geeks!) and their life stages.

For instance, if I am making a stocking for a college student, I may pick up a thumb-drive, some pens, snacks, and a gift card for their favorite restaurant. You could even do a theme stocking and fill it full of toiletries, school supplies, gadgets, or things that will make them laugh.

I have compiled a list of things that are small enough for a stocking and you can pick up at just about any store- no ordering necessary.


1. Create a simple emergency kit with a flashlight, extra batteries (or even one that doesn't use batteries), non-perishable snacks, an emergency blanket, a first aid kit, bottles of water, a multi-tool, a flare gun, and maybe even an emergency cell phone. 

2. Create a stocking of bath goodies like a poof, bath salts, bubble bath, a pumice stone, candles, and some amazing lotion. 

3. Gather some jewelry making supplies or other crafty things for the crafter in your life. 

The following ideas are for anyone's stocking and not part of a theme. 
  • Conductive gloves for touch screens
  • Phone tripod
  • Ornament
  • Flask and other travel bar ware
  • Travel games
  • USB coffee warmer
  • Snazzy ear buds
  • A fun mug
  • Nightlight
  • Journal
  • Reusable grocery bag
  • Crazy Socks
  • Picture frame
  • Liquor minis
  • Phone/ Tablet case
  • That CD/ Movie/ Game they have been wanting
  • A Subscription service like Audible, GooglePlay, Itunes, Netflix, or Gamefly (This one does require ordering, but you don't have to wait for it to arrive)
  • Water Bottle
  • Fun and bright colored gadgets and accessories

The ideas for stocking stuffers are endless. I like to think of a few really great things the person I am building the stocking for will like and then just improvise on the rest. I might decide I want to pick up a USB coffee warmer, a fun thumb-drive, and a case for their iPhone  Then, I will just browse the dollar/ clearance isles to find other things that the geek I love will like. Half of the fun is making sure it will all fit in the stocking. 

What was your genius stocking stuffer moment? 


Organized Island
Today's blogger is Raquel from Organized Island. She is absolutely amazing and I just love her diy and practical organizing tips. She also shares tons of recipes that I drool over. Go check her out, she's just fabulous! 



No comments :

Post a Comment