Christmas Tag (You're It, or Are You?)

The FABulously nerdy girl Carrie at The Carrie Gland tagged me in a Christmas game. This is going to be so much fun!

1) What makes Christmas such a special holiday for you and your family?
After so many years of working retail and worrying about if everyone would be happy with the gift I got them, I got burnt out on Christmas. I started dreading the Christmas season. That has all changed! Now that I'm a mom, I love doing all the fun stuff for the little prince and look forward to it all year long. My husband loves Christmas so he gets really excited. That gets me excited. I love all the fun things we do as a family from decorating the tree, making Christmas cookies, to people watching during the season.

2) Were you told the truth about Santa Claus by your parents or did you find out another way? And...do you plan on lying to your kids (if you have them or plan on having them)?
Santa Claus isn't real? WHAT? Just kidding.
My dad's friend actually told me about Santa Claus and my parents were not happy about it. They wanted to wait a couple more years. But, they lived in the moment and went with it. I have 2 little brothers that are 2 and 6 years younger than me, so they made it a game and let me help do the reindeer tracks outside and boot tracks inside. I enjoyed helping with the Christmas magic. We do tell our son that there is a Santa Claus, but we want him to know about the legend and the Santa Claus spirit. We want to instill in him the magic of giving - because that part of Santa Clause is real.

3) Real tree or fake tree?
We have a fake tree now and we did sometimes when I was growing up. However, sometimes my mom would surprise us with a trek into the woods to chop our tree down. We didn't go to a tree farm, we went and found the perfect one in the woods, which added to the wonder.

4) Do you open presents on Christmas morning, Christmas Eve, or both?
Both. Jammies and a movie on Christmas Eve and Santa presents on Christmas Day. My hubby and I don't wrap gifts to each other, we just pick something out. Watching the little guy open is enough excitement. We also have Christmas Eve breakfast at my husband's grandparents' house. Its always fun with green eggs and ham... and lots and lots of chocolate.

5) What is your favorite Christmas movie to watch? Favorite Christmas song?
My favorite Christmas movie is The Christmas Story, but animated would be The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus. My favorite Christmas song is Carol of the Bells. It is just so pretty. 



Thank you so much for including me Carrie. I'm starting to think that we were separated at birth (even though we are different ages. The geek world is a better place because of you! 

I hope Kristin, Raquel, Sylver, Rachel, and Pamela have fun with this and tag 5 fellow bloggers! 

1 comment :