A Season of Thankfulness

In the last few years, our family has undergone a lot of changes. A lot of these were because of the pandemic, like not traveling and not going to crowded places (my kids have immune issues). However, many of these changes are just life changes. 

My best friend died

My husband's papa died (we were all very close to him)

My husband's grandmother developed dementia and we're helping care for her

My kids are older- 13 and 10

Our homeschool studies are much more in-depth

For some reason, I cannot stay organized. I've always been very organized and prepared, but I'm on the struggle bus lately with it.

(my very favorite picture of them)

With all of this going on, I found myself really struggling to find peace and contentment. Then, it happened. God helped me realize just how blessed I am and every day I see wonderful examples of his work and love. 

This season of thankfulness has just made me look at the world around me and the world inside my bubble. No matter how chaotic the outside world gets, my bubble is peaceful and full of love. 

I love watching my kids grow into these wonderful young people that they have become. They are grateful, kind, caring, sympathetic, giving, and absolutely love God. 

I love watching them learn each and every day. I'm so grateful to be in the position to be the one who gets to see those lightbulb moments each day and share in the excitement of learning new things. 

I've loved exploring the world around us. They love bringing out microscopes and other scientific tools to check out mini ecosystems under bushes and to look at things in their sandbox. 

I think about people being so excited that their kids are back in school, but I just don't know what I would do away with my kids all day. I love being their comfort and peace. I love being that we (their family) are the main influences on them and not people that we do not know spending 8+ hours with them each day. 

Even if your kids go to school outside of home, grab them and hug them. Soak in the moment and enjoy your family. Don't wish the time away or wish to be alone. One day you will be, let's not rush it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment