Seasons of Life: Will Therapy Help This Season?

I have come to realize that there is more to the "seasons of life" than ages and general stages like young adulthood, parenting, empty nesting, and retirement. There are smaller seasons that pop up. Kind of like an "Indian summer," have you had these short burst seasons?

Right now I'm going through one. There always seems to be a lot going on in life and that's fine with me. We chug along, but now there is something else going on that has just completely thrown me for a loop. I'm going in the morning for some tests. One is my yearly ECG to make sure my Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction is not progressing. The others are scary.

I have to have a followup diagnostic mammogram because my initial mammogram showed an inflamed mammary node (lymph node in the breast tissue). I also have to have an ultrasound on my neck because I have a really swollen lymph node in my neck- it is actually starting to hurt. I also have swollen lymph nodes under my arm. The bloodwork after is to check my white blood count because it has been really high with no reason to be, so they are monitoring it.

To say I'm worried is an understatement. I'm scared to death but trying my best not to show it. I don't want my kids to see me worried because they will worry and there is no need for that. Also, because my MIL has been through her breast cancer/ lymphodema journey the past year, I don't want the family worrying. But, keeping it bottled up is not a good idea either.

This is the kind of situation that therapy can be like an air conditioner in your Indian summer. Do you need someone to talk to? Do you need to vent? Do you need help finding a solution to a problem? Therapy can be all of this. Even better, now there are online therapy options that you can do when and where it is convenient for you.

I urge you to reach out to an online therapist if you are going through your own Indian summer and need help. There is help out there. Please reach out.

No comments :

Post a Comment