5 Ways For Mom To Rejuvenate

This has been a rough week for my family. I'm not getting into all of it here, because most of it is not mine to tell. There have been some medical scares and we are not out of the woods with it yet. Also, I've gotten some bad news about my heart, which has me terrified. As you can imagine, with all of this, my anxiety is through the roof and I cannot get my medication switched until they know more of what is going on. Yes, all of this in addition to my normal anxiety, homeschool, running a business, a special needs daughter, and an ADHD son. As you can imagine, relaxing is very important right now and it is very hard to do. I thought sharing some simple ways to rejuvenate would be a good post for today.


1. Take a bubble bath. I have always loved bubble baths, but underestimated their power until I became a mom. Even if you do not have time for a bunch of lit candles, tons of bubbles, roses, a glass of win, and a book. Set a timer for 30 minutes and run a hot bath full of your favorite bubbles, light a candle, and have someone else listen for the kids. Do not get out of that bath until your time is up- you will feel so much better.

2. Treat yourself to a special cup of coffee. Whether you run to Starbucks, use the Keurig, or keep some special creamer on hand, there is nothing like spoiling yourself with your favorite coffee.

3. Walk outside for 5 minutes. This is an often underestimated tactic. When things go crazy, sometimes you just need a break, especially when the kids are going wild. What I do is tell my husband I'm walking out- he knows that means that mom is about to lose it. I walk outside to the porch, give myself 5 minutes, sometimes cry, and then I'm ready to go.

4. Give someone else dinner duty. Even if this means calling your husband and asking him to pick dinner up on the way home, assigning dinner to one of the older kids, or having sandwiches for dinner, sometimes mom needs a break. Take it!

5. Accept offers for help. This is one of the hardest things for me to do. I have this fault that makes me think I have to do it all. It is ok to accept help, I'm trying to learn this myself!

No comments :

Post a Comment