Family Movie Night + Pizza Bar #RusticCrust

Disclaimer: I did receive product samples to facilitate my review and host a family pizza night. All opinions are my own. 

Growing up, my mom loved setting up a "pizza bar." She had it down to a science and always had things on hand for a surprise family movie night or impromptu sleepover. The woman even made homemade pizza crust and sauce. My mom= Wonder Woman!

I have been wanting to pass some of our childhood traditions on to my own kids, including the pizza bar family movie night, but lets face it- I am not Wonder Woman and do not have it in me to make homemade pizza crust. So, when Rustic Crust contacted me, I was all about it.

Mom had the right idea with this- we spent time together, got caught up with everything going on, and spent quality time together without arguing, which is hard to accomplish with 3 kids and 6 years between them. With my own family, between my business, the family business, homeschool, and everything else we try to fit into the day, our time gets lost. We have been spending evenings outside "disconnected" from everything else, playing with the kids, and catching up with each other. However, the last week has been so rainy, we haven't gotten to enjoy these cool evenings. What better than a family movie night and custom pizzas to get the family time rolling again?!

Setting this up is really easy, and you can keep things on hand at all times to throw one together at the last minute. There are only a few things to make sure you have- the rest can be winged!


Have On Hand For A Family Movie Night + Pizza Bar

1. Pizza Crusts- these from Rustic Crust come in a variety of flavors and are so good, you'll think you're at an Italian pizza place!

2. Pizza Sauce- This Rustic Crust sauce is the best I've tasted besides my Mom's (and no one will ever beat that)

3. Family Friendly Movie- this can be a new surprise or a treasured favorite- my kids love Happy Feet, and we love watching them dance along.

4. Any family favorite pizza toppings- we keep cheese, pepperoni, and olives on hand all the time- my kids will eat pepperoni and olives for a snack.

5. Blankets, floor pillows, popcorn, kids lovies, and a camera- you are going to want to capture these moments.

Gathering Toppings

My Secret (shhh): Check the fridge for healthy toppings, leftovers that can be added, and any surprise elements you think your family may like. I pulled out some leftover sausage I was going to use in another recipe (we eat wild boar sausage) and carrots- plus, Tbomb begged for pickles and leftover okra. (Hey- they ate it and it's healthy).

Tbomb choosing- Why is the clock on our stove never right? 
After you have your toppings picked out, put the pizza together and stick it in the oven. Because the crust is cooked and the toppings should be too, it should not take long. Tip: put a layer of cheese between the sauce and toppings, then on top as well- it will hold together better and you are getting that extra dairy serving in!

The kids' custom pizza- using Rustic Crust Sauce and Rustic Crust Cheesy Herb Old World Flatbread
After it cooks, serve it up. I put what we didn't eat in the freezer to be pulled out for quick lunches and the kids have already requested it!

Check out these tips for your own family pizza night here.

Thank you Rustic Crust for sponsoring our Family Movie Night + Pizza Bar. We really did enjoy it! 


Even more to love about Rustic Crust: 


All Rustic Crust ready-made crusts are:
· Made using traditional, Old World baking methods: Hand formed and double proofed for flavor
· Use delicious, all natural ingredients: Select herbs and spices, no GMOs or artificial ingredients
· Healthy for the whole family: Unbleached whole grain flours, no trans fats and no added sugar
· Convenient ready-made pizza crusts that are ready to enjoy in minutes
· Oversized Rounds for extra value
· Made in the USA

Learn how to make a grilled Caprese Pizza with Rustic Crust CEO Brad Sterl on Youtube

No comments :

Post a Comment